- Jump to: Fishing Camps
The Kenai River begins at Kenai Lake and ends when it empties into Cook Inlet. This world famous river is 82 miles long and attracts fishermen from around the world due to its impressive Salmon runs.
On one side are the Kenai Mountains and on the other the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. Its waters fill Skilak Lake. Towns along the river include the town of Kenai and Soldotna.
Fishing the Kenai River
The Alaska record King Salmon was caught here and weighed in at 126 pounds. The King Salmon peak from June-Jule, though they are present at the beginning of May.
• The Sockeye Salmon peak from June-August and show up each year in the millions.
• The Silver of Coho Salmon peak from August-October.
• Pink Salmon peak during the month of August and into September.
• Arctic Char peak January-May and again from September-December.
• Dolly Varden peak from July-September
• Steelhead Trout peak from April-October
• Rainbow Trout peak from April-October and are particularly present for the Sockeye Salmon run.
• Northern Pike are present and peak May-June and September-October.
• The Arctic Grayling peak from April-June, and again from August-October.
This massive fish list is one of the reasons the Kenai River is such an attraction for fishermen. There are plenty of fishing lodges along the banks of the Kenai, and many offer both freshwater and Saltwater fishing. The primary focus on the Kenai are King Salmon and Rainbow Trout. The other run of salmon are also popular. With such a high diversity of fish, the Kenai River has something for everyone. Most fishing here is from the bank or by drift boat.
2 - 3 Days: $1,000 to $2,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing
2 - 3 Days: $500 to $1,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing Saltwater Fishing
- Great Alaska Adventures - Kenai River Lodge
- Kenai Riverside Lodge
- Kenai River Drifters Lodge
- Alaska River Adventures
- Alaska Hooksetters
- Crooked Creek Retreat
- Alaskan Fishing Adventures with Tim Berg
- Jimmie Jack's Lodge
- Bill Whites Alaska Sports Lodge
- Angler's Lodge
- Denise Lake Lodge
- Kenai Adventure Lodge
- Big Sky Charter & Fishcamp
- Alaska Fishing Charters and Soldotna B&B Lodge
- All Alaska Outdoors Lodge
- Alaska Heavenly Lodge
- Gone Fishin Lodge
- Alaska Troutfitters
- Krog's Kamp
- Alaska's Last Frontier Fishing Lodge
- Tower Rock Lodge
- Alaska Legacy Fishing Lodge
- Smokin Joe's Lodge
- Salmon Catcher Fishing Lodge
- Kenai Jim's Lodge & Guide Service
- Alaska Fishing with Mark Glassmaker
- Alaska Serenity Fishing Lodge
- Kenai Riverbend Resort
- Alaska Fishing & Lodging
- Salmon Run Lodge
- Gwin's Lodge
- Riddle's Fishing Lodge
- Pete's Fishing Guide Service & Lodging