Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
Calder Mountain Lodge
Approximate Cost:6 - 7 Days: $2,500 to $3,000 Per Person4 - 5 Days: $1,500 to $2,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing Saltwater Fishing Self Guided Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Halibut, Ling Cod, Rockfish, Chum Salmon, Dolly Varden
- Featured On: Alaska's Inside Passage - Fishing Lodges & Charters Prince of Wales Island - Fishing Lodges & Resorts
The Calder Mountain Lodge is located on the Prince of Wales Island in Alaska's Southeast fishing grounds. The lodge sits in the town of Point Baker and offers anglers the option of fresh or saltwater fishing adventures along the Sumner Straight. To get here you need to take a boat of float plane as there are no roads to Point Baker. While the lodge is remote, they provide a nice set of amenities so guests can enjoy their downtime.
The lodge is made up of ten guest rooms and feature lounge chairs, TV, and comfortable beds. There is three piece private bathrooms and the main sitting area opens onto a large deck. Expect a friendly staff, comfortable rooms and plenty of options for downtime entertainment.
Fishing with Calder Mountain Lodge
King Salmon: The peak King Salmon season is the month of June with Kings available through the end of August. If you are specifically looking for Kings, June is the month to be on Sunmer Straight.
Silver Salmon: The Silver Salmon season begins to peak around the second week of July and it runs pretty strong through the third week of September.
Pink Salmon: The Pink Salmon season is best from the second week of July through the end of August.
Sockeye Salmon: The Sockeye Salmon season runs through the month of July with the Sockeye available through August and during the last two weeks of June.
Rock Fish: Rock Fish, which includes Ling Cod, Red Snapper, and Cod are in peak season from the third week of June through the third week of September.
Trout and Dolly Varden: The Rainbow and other Trout, including the Dolly Varden Char are peaking from the second week of July through the end of September.
Freshwater fishing here puts you in access to 20 plus streams where you can target Salmon, Trout or Char. Guests have the option to enjoy self-guided fishing or guided fishing adventures.
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
The largest city on the Kenai Peninsula - Kenai sits is located on the shores of the Cook Inlet at the mouth of the Kenai River, which gives you easy access to both saltwater & freshwater fishing.
The Salmon Capital of the World - A great option to base your fishing trip out of or stop for an afternoon of fishing while on an Alaska cruise…A wide variety of options from daily charters to luxury resorts and everything in between.
Beautiful Views From the Shores of the Cook Inlet - Saltwater Fishing for Trophy King Salmon & Huge Halibut along with excellent freshwater fishing in Ninilchik River & Deep Creek as well.
Fishing & Adventure on Baranof Island - Visit Sitka for great fishing for Halibut & Salmon, a good variety of lodges from luxury to afforable and a wealth of outdoor activities & wildlife viewing on Baranof Island.
One of the Best King Salmon Rivers in Alaska - Located in remote Southwest Alaska & stretching for 280 miles...if you are looking to target big King Salmon in Alaska the Nushagak might be the place for you.
- 8 Reviews
- We have visited Calder Mountain since 2013 and our experience has been nothing but excellent, it just keeps getting better.? Bill and Nicole have taken care of every detail to make sure the trip goes...
- Read Full Review
- we had a great trip, fishing was awesome and very close by to the lodge. I think the furthest we went was 8 miles, and there was fishing all over between the lodge and there. We just like to explore...
- Read Full Review
- everytrhing was absolutly perfect !!!! dont hesitate get this lodge booked !!!! we brought home 400 pounds of fish for 3 people and we were picky!!!! lodge and rooms are great. the people and staff...
- Read Full Review