Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
El Capitan Lodge
Approximate Cost:4 - 5 Days: $4,500 to $5,000 Per Person2 - 3 Days: $3,500 to $4,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing Saltwater Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Halibut, Rockfish, Dolly Varden
- Featured On: Alaska's Inside Passage - Fishing Lodges & Charters Prince of Wales Island - Fishing Lodges & Resorts
El Capitan Lodge is based out of Craig, Alaska. Guests of the Lodge fly into Ketchikan and overnight at Cape Fox Lodge and the fly by seaplane to the El Capitan Lodge. The only way to the lodge is by float plane or by boat, and the local wildlife provide plenty of viewing opportunities. 20 guests is the maximum number to make a full house at El Capitan Lodge. The lodge includes a bar and recreation room that includes a pool table, card tables, and satellite TV. Expect wonderful meals and a beautiful setting.
Fishing Southeastern Alaska
Halibut and Salmon have an odd relationship. The Halibut love Salmon heads. So if you have been out fishing and caught a salmon or ten, save the heads. They make excellent bait for Halibut. What should you expect fishing in Southeast Alaska? 10-20 pound Kings are common and a 50 pound King is a possibility. The Rock Fish here though are big, and you should try for some of those monster Ling Cod. For Halibut expect 25-40-pound fish with the potential of battling a Barn Door.
When to Come for What Kind of Fish
- The Silver Salmon Peak from July- mid-September
- The Halibut are around year round
- The Rock Fish are also available year round
One of the pluses of fishing in the Southeastern part of Alaska are the many bays and coves that offer protected fishing from storms. While Alaska is full of turbulent weather, the Southeastern section has protection from the sounds and islands, so the water here is usually calm.
While the lodge is primarily a saltwater fishing lodge, they are capable of making freshwater fishing arrangements. The lodge also processes your daily catch and freezes it in Wet-Lock boxes, which are airport approved.
Featured Video of El Capitan Lodge
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
Saltwater & Freshwater Fishing - Juneau, the state capital of Alaska has a small-town feel and offers a excellent saltwater fishing for Halibut & Salmon on the Inside Passage as well as freshwater fishing for Trout, Steelhead, Dolly Varden & more
Prince of Wales Island
Experience Alaska Fishing & Nature on the 4th Largest Island in the United States - A beautiful & remote island in Southeast Alaska that offers world class saltwater fishing, freshwater fly fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing & more.
Fishing & Adventure on Baranof Island - Visit Sitka for great fishing for Halibut & Salmon, a good variety of lodges from luxury to afforable and a wealth of outdoor activities & wildlife viewing on Baranof Island.
Nestled Between the Kenai Mountains & the Ocean - Excellent Saltwater fishing for Halibut, Salmon & Lingcod in the Gulf of Alaska & Resurrection Bay
The World Famous Kenai River - Fishing for King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Trophy Rainbow Trout & more
- 16 Reviews
- could not imagine being in a better location with a wonderful staff to take care of fishing, eating, and just being. We love the flight over, the food is wonderful, great bar, they find the fish and...
- Read Full Review
- Being a life long Alaskan and a previously a charter captain I appreciate how hard it is to pull off the superior customer service experience. They have done it! Lodge facilities are more than...
- 1 Helpful Vote
- Read Full Review
- Great place, caught my first 32 1b king salmon in 2016. Went again in 2017 and had another fantastic year of fishing. Staff is very friendly and accommodating to your needs. Will be going again...
- 2 Helpful Votes
- Read Full Review