Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
Explore Alaska Charters
Approximate Cost:6 - 7 Days: $3,500 to $4,000 Per Person4 - 5 Days: $2,500 to $3,000 Per Person2 - 3 Days: $1,500 to $2,000 Per PersonHalf Day: $200 to $299 Per PersonFull Day: $400 to $499 Per Person; $700 to $799 Per Person
- Type: Charters & Guides Lodges
- Fishing: Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing Saltwater Fishing Self Guided Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Pink Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Halibut, Ling Cod, Rockfish
- Featured On: Ketchikan Fishing - Top Rated Fishing Charters & Resorts Alaska's Inside Passage - Fishing Lodges & Charters Top 10 Self-Guided Fishing Trips Top 10 Ketchikan Fishing Charters & Cruise Ship Fishing Excursions
Explore Alaska Charters sails out of Ketchikan, Alaska, and they offer a variety of fishing adventures including self-guided trips. In fact, they offer self-guided fishing lodge, freshwater fishing, and saltwater fishing, including boat rentals. Want to experience a fly-out adventure to fish along a remote river, creek or stream? They do that too. They offer fishing adventures for both traditional guests and those who are on a layover from a cruise ship.
Freshwater Fishing Adventures with Explore Alaska Charters
Explore Alaska Charters offers a fly-out adventure to Misty Fjords National Monument. These fly-out fishing trips are ideal for both those who love fly fishing and those who prefer a spin caster rod. There are many lakes and rivers in the Monument. The focus is to allow you to fish on rivers and lakes that have no other fishermen on them. This is not always possible mostly due to weather. The attraction is that so few people even venture into this area to fish that the lakes remain wild and unspoiled. What that means for guests is wild fish and plenty of big Trophy Trout and Salmon.
Saltwater Fishing with Explore Alaska Charters
The Southeastern part of Alaska and specifically the waters around Ketchikan are fish rich. What this means is that there are big Barn Door Halibut and plenty of Chicken Halibut too. A Chicken is a Halibut that is less than 100 pounds. There are all five species of Pacific Salomon here too. You can fish for King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Pink Salmon, and Chum Salmon. You also have access to big Rockfish like 3-5 foot King Cod, and then there is crab fishing too.
Overall, you should expect plenty of options for your fishing adventure.
Featured Video of Explore Alaska Charters
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
One of the Best King Salmon Rivers in Alaska - Located in remote Southwest Alaska & stretching for 280 miles...if you are looking to target big King Salmon in Alaska the Nushagak might be the place for you.
Known as the "Little Brother of the Kenai River" - The Kasilof is a glacially fed river, approximately 17 miles long and the prime fishing targets are King, Sockeye & Silver Salmon as well as Steelhead.
Nestled Between the Kenai Mountains & the Ocean - Excellent Saltwater fishing for Halibut, Salmon & Lingcod in the Gulf of Alaska & Resurrection Bay
A beautiful stretch of calm coastal waters in Southeast Alaska - Fantastic guided saltwater & freshwater fishing, self-guided fishing options, spectacular views, wildlife viewing & more with a wide range of towns & islands from which to base your trip.
Alaska Parks Highway
A 358-mile adventure from Anchorage to Fairbanks - There are many fishing spots along the Parks Highway...most are smaller walk & wade streams but there are also some small lakes as well.
- Bruce and Bonnie Collins were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help me with a place to stay for an extra night as the airline had messed up my original flights. The boats are really...
- Read Full Review
- Me and a few friends had been planning our fishing trip to Alaska for 18 months. That?s a lot of time to worry about how?d we do on the water. Let?s say that Rick exceeded our expectations. We...
- Read Full Review
- Full day guided fishing trip with Rick was awesome. Top notch equipment and on the fish right away. Rick was the perfect guide! The house we stayed in was great! The boats were perfect! Location...
- Read Full Review