Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
Island Point Lodge
Self-Guided Fishing on Alaska's Inside Passage | Fishing for Salmon, Halibut, Trout, Steelhead & More | Packages Include Fishing Boats & Gear, Lodging & Meals
Approximate Cost:6 - 7 Days: $2,500 to $3,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Saltwater Fishing Self Guided Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Halibut, Chum Salmon, Dolly Varden, Red Snapper, Sea Bass, Cod
- Featured On: Alaska's Inside Passage - Fishing Lodges & Charters Top 10 Trips Under $3,500 Top 10 Self-Guided Fishing Trips
Island Point Lodge is located in Petersburg, Alaska on Kupreanof Island. This is a saltwater and freshwater fishing lodge with a wide variety options for fishing. This is a remote fishing lodge, and power is via a diesel generator. Guests are housed in the six cabins. The lodge can accommodate four groups of four and two groups of two making this a nice lodge for a small group.
Fishing with Island Point Lodge
Fishing Peak Season
The Halibut are available from May through October. They are drawn in by the salmon. A little trick to catching Halibut is to chum with salmon heads. Halibut have a weakness for Salmon heads. The saltwater fishing here is good. There are plenty of rockfish, cods, and even the predatory Ling Cod is available. For freshwater fishing, consider targeting the Dolly Varden, which is often associated with the Silver Salmon run. Dolly Varden love salmon row. If you are fly fishing, consider a range of flies from bright orange (fresh row,) pink (recently spawned roe,) to a Popsicle fly ( aging roe,) to chartreuse (buried roe.) Black egg sucking leech patterns work well too. Nice bright spinners and spoons in these same colors help with those fishermen who prefer the spin caster reels.
Featured Video of Island Point Lodge
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
Nestled Between the Kenai Mountains & the Ocean - Excellent Saltwater fishing for Halibut, Salmon & Lingcod in the Gulf of Alaska & Resurrection Bay
Fishing & Adventure on Baranof Island - Visit Sitka for great fishing for Halibut & Salmon, a good variety of lodges from luxury to afforable and a wealth of outdoor activities & wildlife viewing on Baranof Island.
One of the Best King Salmon Rivers in Alaska - Located in remote Southwest Alaska & stretching for 280 miles...if you are looking to target big King Salmon in Alaska the Nushagak might be the place for you.
Alaska Parks Highway
A 358-mile adventure from Anchorage to Fairbanks - There are many fishing spots along the Parks Highway...most are smaller walk & wade streams but there are also some small lakes as well.
World-Class Saltwater Fishing & Sightseeing - The Cook Inlet & surrounding areas are remarkably beautiful and one of the most heavily visited areas for fishing and outdoor recreation.
- 29 Reviews
- Very happy with everything from the kitchen staff to the dock crew.everyone did a outstanding job of taking care of all our needs.the staff is knowledgeable of the fishing area and helps you find...
- Read Full Review
- \First the food was so bad I had to go to town to get fresh vegtables and a decent meal during the week. I have never seen brown corn before. The venison burgers were the worst, I would touch them...
- 1 Helpful Vote
- Read Full Review
- Expectations were high when I signed up for Island Point. Bottom line is they have the worst equipment I have ever seen and am surprised they haven't been sued or shutdown for safety violations...
- Read Full Review