Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
Ready for the Trip of a Lifetime at Our Remote Alaska Fishing Lodge? | Experience the Best Fishing in Alaska, Abundant Wildlife & Exceptional Service at Katmai Lodge
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Arctic Char, Northern Pike, Arctic Grayling, Chum Salmon, Dolly Varden
- Featured On: Alagnak River - Fishing Lodges, Camps & Float Trips Alaska Fly Fishing Paradise Top 10 Alaska Fly Fishing Trips
The Katmai Lodge is the original riverfront lodge on the Alagnak River. Their long history here makes them experts fishermen and master of the river. The lodge offers a rustic charm with a modern twist. There are hot showers, comfortable beds, and a relaxing atmosphere at the lodge.
What Fish Are Available for Fishermen?
Salmon fishing on the Alagnak begins typically in mid-June and end by the beginning to mid-September. If you are after King Salmon then late June through July is the best time to make a reservation. The Sockeye Salmon overlap the King Salmon and show up mid-June through the end of July. The best month for Salmon Fishing is July. The best month for Silver Salmon is August. The best Month for Rainbow Trout is July. The best month for Arctic Grayling is July.
Fishing with Katmai Lodge
Special Fish Species
The King Salmon are the largest of the Pacific Salmon. The King Salmon record for Alaska is 126 pounds. So if you want the biggest salmon, the Kings are the ones to target.
The Silver Salmon are the true sports fish. These are not timid fish. They strike hard and if you are not alert will rip the rod out of your grasp. Once hooked, they are fierce competitors. They are well known for their aerial display and breaching. If you want a fighting fish, it does not get much better than the Silver Salmon.
The Monsters of the River are not the salmon though the Kings may be larger, they do not compare to the Northern Pike. These are long, lean fish with a huge mouth. They lurk and gulp prey. Their mouth holds more than 700 teeth and if you wish to target these apex predictors, then use a steel leader. These fish grow to 40 plus pounds.
The Fun and exasperating fish are the Arctic Grayling. These are smart fish, and you have to dial in your skills to catch them. It is all about fly choice and if you want to learn how to be the best fishermen possible, spend some time targeting Arctic Grayling.
As you can see, the fishing at the Katmai Lodge is fantastic. Rain or shine there are fish present in numbers sufficient to make your fishing adventure one you will never forget.
Featured Video of Katmai Lodge
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
The Salmon Capital of the World - A great option to base your fishing trip out of or stop for an afternoon of fishing while on an Alaska cruise…A wide variety of options from daily charters to luxury resorts and everything in between.
The largest city on the Kenai Peninsula - Kenai sits is located on the shores of the Cook Inlet at the mouth of the Kenai River, which gives you easy access to both saltwater & freshwater fishing.
The World Famous Kenai River - Fishing for King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Trophy Rainbow Trout & more
World-Class Saltwater Fishing & Sightseeing - The Cook Inlet & surrounding areas are remarkably beautiful and one of the most heavily visited areas for fishing and outdoor recreation.
Centrally Located on the Kenai Peninsula - A small town situated along the banks of the Kenai River & close to the Russian River as well
- 168 Reviews
- This was a bucket list trip with good friends And the staff and service we received made it so. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were down to earth and laid back. This goes to all...
- Read Full Review
- Our flight in from Anchorage was amazing, with spectacular views of glaciers and mountains. We landed at Katmai Lodge and the Owners, Staff and our Guide for the week greeted us as we disembarked...
- Read Full Review
- From the time we arrived at the lodge and had to sadly go back to reality, this vacation was like a dream. Amazing lodge right on the Katmai river with stunning surroundings, wildlife and more fish...
- Read Full Review