Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
Approximate Cost:6 - 7 Days: $6,000 to $7,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Arctic Char, Arctic Grayling, Chum Salmon, Lake Trout
The Newhalen Lodge sits on the shores of Six-Mile Lake in the Southwestern part of Alaska. The area, which sits just before the panhandle starts is home to trophy Rainbow Trout on the edge of the Lake Clark National Park and Preserve. Six-Mile Lake sits between Lake Iliamna and the Roadhouse Mountains. The Lodge has the feeling of home. It is comfortable, and the food is heavenly. Each of the guest cabin has a private bath and is comfortable. The main lodge offers a fully stocked complimentary bar, Wireless Internet with a community computers. Sit and relax while watching Satellite TV while not fishing. The focus of Newhalen Lodge is all about guest experience.
Fishing with Newhalen Lodge
The airplanes will take you from one stream to the next, sometimes you will visit more than one stream in the same day. The lodge also hosts a number of jet ski boats on various Bristol Bay rivers and streams. These make the perfect day trip for drifting downstream to the best fishing spots. During salmon season, the Red Salmon flood the river by the millions. They are so thick that you could likely just pick them up as they swim by your feet. That is the month of July, and it should be well known that the Red salmon are good eating.
The Fish here are Monsters
The Newhalen Lodge is an excellent spot from which to stage the best fishing adventures. The lodge is well equipped to place its guests in the best fishing spots within the Bristol Bay area. If monster sized fish are your target, then the Newhalen Lodge is the place to stay.
Featured Video of Newhalen Lodge
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
The Salmon Capital of the World - A great option to base your fishing trip out of or stop for an afternoon of fishing while on an Alaska cruise…A wide variety of options from daily charters to luxury resorts and everything in between.
Prince of Wales Island
Experience Alaska Fishing & Nature on the 4th Largest Island in the United States - A beautiful & remote island in Southeast Alaska that offers world class saltwater fishing, freshwater fly fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing & more.
Fishing & Adventure on Baranof Island - Visit Sitka for great fishing for Halibut & Salmon, a good variety of lodges from luxury to afforable and a wealth of outdoor activities & wildlife viewing on Baranof Island.
Alaska Parks Highway
A 358-mile adventure from Anchorage to Fairbanks - There are many fishing spots along the Parks Highway...most are smaller walk & wade streams but there are also some small lakes as well.
Nestled Between the Kenai Mountains & the Ocean - Excellent Saltwater fishing for Halibut, Salmon & Lingcod in the Gulf of Alaska & Resurrection Bay
- 3 Reviews
- What more can you say! The fishing is fantastic, the guides and pilots are expert at accommodating the most expert fisherman or the complete novice. Even if you have never cast a fly in your life...
- 2 Helpful Votes
- Read Full Review
- A comfortable serious fishing lodge on truly the shore of Lake Clark. The rooms were clean and had comfortable beds. The staff was exceptional and very accomodating and friendly. The chef...
- 5 Helpful Votes
- Read Full Review
- I stayed here for a week during July 2005 and the service was ok but the accomidations were poor. Food was over rated. Fishing was good but they charged $6,500.00 a week plus tips!!!!! You can do...
- 12 Helpful Votes
- Read Full Review