Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
Salmon Run Lodge
Approximate Cost:6 - 7 Days: $1,500 to $2,000 Per Person4 - 5 Days: $1,500 to $2,000 Per Person2 - 3 Days: $500 to $1,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing Self Guided Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Chum Salmon, Dolly Varden
Salmon Run Lodge sits along the Sterling Highway in Cooper Landing. This is the Upper Kenai River and the place where combat fishing most likely we invented. The local area is just on the outskirts of the Kenai Wildlife Refuge and presents easy access to the Kenai River, Kenai Lake, Skilak Lake, and the Russian River. Both the Kenai and the Russian River are known for their heavy runs of Salmon, their plentiful Trophy Rainbow Trout and Dolly Varden.
Staying with Salmon Run Lodge
They offer a variety of rooms such as cabins with multiple beds. Expect electricity 24-7, hot water, and TV. Are these the ritziest rooms? No, in fact, they are rustic, but they offer a lot of comfort and everything that fishermen needs for a fishing base. Let me tell you, fishing here starts early so you do not spend a lot of time in your rooms. If you are Halibut Fishing out of Homer, your day starts at 4 am. If you are salmon fishing, your day starts as early as 5 am. If you are not fishing with a guide, then its combat fishing and you want to get up and find a spot on the river as soon as it is light outside. I cannot find a fault with staying here, especially since you can find shelter here for as little as $40 a night, there are more exclusive cabins too.
Fishing in the Upper Kenai
A good guide knows where the fish are. This is the Upper Kenai, so the fish run dates are just different from those posted on the Alaska Fish and Game site and other lodge sites. My best advice is to ask your guide. The guides know where the King Salmon spawning beds are and when fishing there the Kind Season is closed, but this is where you find the 30" Rainbows. The Sockeye run is insanely large. I can tell you a million or two million fish, but it will not sink in until they are swimming by your ankles. There is a ton of fishing to be had here, and Salmon Run Lodge is just the place to make your fishing base.
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
One of the Best King Salmon Rivers in Alaska - Located in remote Southwest Alaska & stretching for 280 miles...if you are looking to target big King Salmon in Alaska the Nushagak might be the place for you.
Known as the "Little Brother of the Kenai River" - The Kasilof is a glacially fed river, approximately 17 miles long and the prime fishing targets are King, Sockeye & Silver Salmon as well as Steelhead.
Centrally Located on the Kenai Peninsula - A small town situated along the banks of the Kenai River & close to the Russian River as well
Fishing & Adventure on Baranof Island - Visit Sitka for great fishing for Halibut & Salmon, a good variety of lodges from luxury to afforable and a wealth of outdoor activities & wildlife viewing on Baranof Island.
Alaska Parks Highway
A 358-mile adventure from Anchorage to Fairbanks - There are many fishing spots along the Parks Highway...most are smaller walk & wade streams but there are also some small lakes as well.
- 7 Reviews
- When I was quoted the price I was a little concerned. I was afraid it was a lower end place but how wrong I was. We had no reservation and needed a place after our plans changed unexpectedly. These...
- Read Full Review
- We are from Alaska and anted to spend the evening after fishing the Russian River. We found The Salmon Run Lodge that had very reasonably priced rooms and decided to give them a try. We were not...
- 2 Helpful Votes
- Read Full Review
- While we did not sleep here - After catching a few on the Kasilof, our guide recommended using Salmon Run for the processing. They did a great job packing the fish to our custom size and it was...
- Read Full Review