Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
Shelter Cove Lodge
Approximate Cost:6 - 7 Days: $3,500 to $4,000 Per Person4 - 5 Days: $2,500 to $3,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing Saltwater Fishing Self Guided Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Halibut, Chum Salmon, Dolly Varden, Red Snapper, Sea Bass, Cod
- Featured On: Alaska's Inside Passage - Fishing Lodges & Charters Prince of Wales Island - Fishing Lodges & Resorts
Shelter Cove Fishing Lodge is located near Craig Alaska on Prince of Wales Island. As one of Alaska's finer fishing lodges providing an oceanfront experience with accommodations for twenty to twenty four guests. Shelter Cove Lodge supplies excellent food services, fishing guides, boats and gear for a true Alaskan Fishing Adventure, our lodge is open 12 months a year. The rooms are fully furnished and include a coffee pot and microwave and free WiFi, to name but a few of the amenities.
Meals are included and the dinning room is set up like a restaurant. This is a fairly easy lodge to get to. Once you land in Ketchikan you can take a commuter airline to Prince of Wales Island or you can board a ferry and enjoy the scenic three hour cruise. The service starts the minute you step foot on the Island. The Lodge greets each guest at the airport or ferry bay. There is a nearly 1:1 ratio for guests to staff members at the lodge. Service here is nearly perfect.
Fishing and Fishing and More Fishing
Fish Rich Waters and Early Limiting Out
There is plenty of value to be found at Shelter Cover Lodge. If you are into fly fishing you will have to bring your own gear. The lodge provides everything else you need except your fishing license. It is pretty amazing to salmon fish with a fly rod.
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
Known as the "Little Brother of the Kenai River" - The Kasilof is a glacially fed river, approximately 17 miles long and the prime fishing targets are King, Sockeye & Silver Salmon as well as Steelhead.
One of the Best King Salmon Rivers in Alaska - Located in remote Southwest Alaska & stretching for 280 miles...if you are looking to target big King Salmon in Alaska the Nushagak might be the place for you.
Saltwater & Freshwater Fishing - Juneau, the state capital of Alaska has a small-town feel and offers a excellent saltwater fishing for Halibut & Salmon on the Inside Passage as well as freshwater fishing for Trout, Steelhead, Dolly Varden & more
Alaska Parks Highway
A 358-mile adventure from Anchorage to Fairbanks - There are many fishing spots along the Parks Highway...most are smaller walk & wade streams but there are also some small lakes as well.
The Hailibut Capital of the World - Located at th Southern tip of the Kenai Peninsula. Offers easy access to excellent saltwater & freshwater fishing as well as a wealth of activities, restuarants & lodging options to choose from.
- 28 Reviews
- This is about the lodge, not the fishing. The meals are first rate and they will cook your catch for dinner if you want. Vermillion bass deep fry appetizer is the superb way to go, but you have to...
- Read Full Review
- I needed a place for the night I got a good one. I thought I was the only one there. 1:30 am someone starts playing very loud rock and roll music. Usually I am a fan but I had to get up at 6...
- Read Full Review
- From the initial contact through departure Dave and his staff were wonderfuly attentive and helpful. The accommodations are up to date and comfortable. The location is great for anyone in your party...
- Read Full Review