Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
Approximate Cost:6 - 7 Days: $2,500 to $3,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Saltwater Fishing Self Guided Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Halibut, Rockfish, Chum Salmon
- Featured On: Ketchikan Fishing - Top Rated Fishing Charters & Resorts Alaska's Inside Passage - Fishing Lodges & Charters
Silverking Lodge is a short 20-miles northwest of Ketchikan and sits on Grant Island. This is a self-guided fishing lodge for anglers who wish to target Salmon, Halibut, and Rock Fish.
Guests are housed in rustic styled rooms with two twin beds and plenty of hot water for showers. The living area includes a fireplace, games, and satellite TV. self-guided fishing opportunities are paired with professional and friendly staff and services during your all-inclusive stay.
Fishing with Silverking Lodge
There is a relationship between Alaska and the Salmon. Many ecosystems are driven by the salmon cycle. For saltwater fishing that means that when the salmon are preparing to head upstream, the Halibut are closer to shore and hunting. Since this is a self-guided fishing adventure, it becomes important to understand how the fish her behave. One of the key points is that when the salmon are about to head into freshwater they school. So you find them all over the place and not just in the hot spots. You also want to look for areas with underwater structures because that is where the salmon like to rest. Follow the tides, because Rock Fish and Salmon will be resting behind an object facing the flow of water. That is where the water is the calmest, and they spend the least amount of energy.
The Fish, and the Seasons
The Silver Salmon are also a popular target because they are insane when you set the hook. If you get one to the surface, they will breach and twist as they put on an acrobatic display. Once you battle a Silver Salmon, you may be tainted as everything else may seem boring. Expect Silvers up to 20 pounds, which seems small next to the bigger Kings and the giant Halibut, but a better battle you will not find in either bigger species.
Featured Video of Silverking Lodge
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
The World Famous Kenai River - Fishing for King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Trophy Rainbow Trout & more
Fishing & Adventure on Baranof Island - Visit Sitka for great fishing for Halibut & Salmon, a good variety of lodges from luxury to afforable and a wealth of outdoor activities & wildlife viewing on Baranof Island.
Centrally Located on the Kenai Peninsula - A small town situated along the banks of the Kenai River & close to the Russian River as well
Beautiful Views From the Shores of the Cook Inlet - Saltwater Fishing for Trophy King Salmon & Huge Halibut along with excellent freshwater fishing in Ninilchik River & Deep Creek as well.
The Hailibut Capital of the World - Located at th Southern tip of the Kenai Peninsula. Offers easy access to excellent saltwater & freshwater fishing as well as a wealth of activities, restuarants & lodging options to choose from.
- 79 Reviews
- It's hard to describe how perfect our visit was to Silverking Lodge, but I?ll try. From the moment Jeremy picked us up at the dock, my dad, who was so closed off after his primary progressive...
- Read Full Review
- A group of us went to Silverking Lodge in July 2022. This was by far one of the most amazing trips / experiences I have ever had. Our group of six caught about 1200 lbs of fish from Tuesday to...
- Read Full Review
- We took an excursion from Ketchikan called Alaskan lodge adventure and sea fest. This took us to Silver King Lodge. It was beyond amazing. First we?re the tame deer as we got off the boat, next we?re...
- Read Full Review