Would you like to contact to check availability or learn more?
Fill out the info below and someone from will get back to you.
The Royal Coachman Lodge
Approximate Cost:6 - 7 Days: $7,000 to $8,000 Per Person
- Type: Lodges
- Fishing: Fly Fishing Freshwater Fishing Guided Fishing
- What we fish for: King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Arctic Char, Northern Pike, Arctic Grayling, Chum Salmon, Dolly Varden, Sheefish
- Featured On: Top 10 Trophy Alaska Fishing Trips
Royal Coachman Lodge is perched on the Nuyakuk River in the Bristol Bay region of Alaska. It specializes in guiding guests to unbelievable fly fishing on uncrowded waters. The lodge fishes the Nushagak, Agulapak, and Kvichak Rivers, as well as several other rivers and streams. The Nuyakuk is a great home river that will not disappoint on the occasional no-fly-out day. Wonderful Rainbow fishing is available right in front of the lodge in the spring and fall. Schools of salmon are often seen from the lodge, and grayling are consistently plentiful in the lodge pool. Catch five salmon species, trophy Rainbow Trout, char, Dolly Varden, huge pike, grayling, and even the elusive Sheefish. Over 95% of clients in 2013 were either repeat guests or word of mouth referrals.
Our fisheries are uncrowded; you'll have the river all to yourself!
While Rainbow Trout are found in nearly all waters fished, you can spend evening time or no-fly days hunting them on the home river. They respond to a variety of fishing methods. Whether it's dry flies or nymphing early in the season, egg imitation around spawning, mouse flies, or streamers, knowledgeable guides can coach you on technique.
We are flexible and go where the fishing is the best
Sight fish for King Salmon, drift fish for rotund Rainbows, fight with an ornery pike, or catch a rare Sheefish. Sheefish are seldom-seen whitefish that make for excellent eating. Historically they've been a subsistence food for Alaska Natives and their dogs. Ones taken on summer feeding grounds put up the best fight. While the lodge doesn't focus on Sheefish, they catch several of these large, feisty fighters each year. Just let the staff know if you want to snag a Sheefish, and they'll do their best to make it happen.
We are the only lodge on the Nuyakuk River
Featured Video of The Royal Coachman Lodge
- Are you the owner of this camp? Claim this Camp
Popular Alaska Fishing Destinations
One of the Best King Salmon Rivers in Alaska - Located in remote Southwest Alaska & stretching for 280 miles...if you are looking to target big King Salmon in Alaska the Nushagak might be the place for you.
World-Class Saltwater Fishing & Sightseeing - The Cook Inlet & surrounding areas are remarkably beautiful and one of the most heavily visited areas for fishing and outdoor recreation.
The Salmon Capital of the World - A great option to base your fishing trip out of or stop for an afternoon of fishing while on an Alaska cruise…A wide variety of options from daily charters to luxury resorts and everything in between.
Fishing & Adventure on Baranof Island - Visit Sitka for great fishing for Halibut & Salmon, a good variety of lodges from luxury to afforable and a wealth of outdoor activities & wildlife viewing on Baranof Island.
Known as the "Little Brother of the Kenai River" - The Kasilof is a glacially fed river, approximately 17 miles long and the prime fishing targets are King, Sockeye & Silver Salmon as well as Steelhead.
- Just returned from my 5th trip to this lodge. Caught rainbows, Dolly's, char, grayling, chum, sockeye, silvers and pike. The whole staff was fantastic-guides, chefs, pilots all fantastic. If you are...
- Read Full Review
- I have been here 5 or 6 times. Very nice lodge for the remoteness of the location. The fishing is tremendous. Fishing the Agulupak is a must. My friend and I caught over 100 2-5lb rainbows and char...
- Read Full Review
- The guides were wonderful, all different in their approaches but each teaching you something important or helping you bring in that big fish in the best way. The food was exceptional and meal time...
- Read Full Review